ZIP file format is first introduced by Phil Katz in the year 1989 and was first implemented in PKWARE, Inc.’s PKZIP utility for the replacement of previous ARC compression format which is created by Thom Henderson. ZIP files are single files that hold one are more compressed files. The main objectives of ZIP file is to save memory space and it can be easily transferred from one device to another device and to back up the data. ZIP files are created by compressing a particular file by using WINZIP or similar type off application
ZIP files often get broken and when they get broken none of its content could be extracted. In other words ZIP files cannot be opened if they are broken. There are number of reasons on account of which Zip file get broken.
Scenarios due to which Zip files get broken:
- On downloading a file from internet, due to some interruption the file gets damaged or corrupted. Like power failure, etc.
- CRC errors can be encountered if there is mismatch in codes. CRC is nothing but Cyclic Redundancy Check which checks the code of original file and also the ZIP file, if it is not same then it will encounter the mistake
- By, not knowing the perfect compression methods. Without knowing about the methods in repairing process someone can compress our important file that may causes damages.
- ZIP file can also be broken by bad sectors present in storage drives.
- Viruses present in users system may also damage the ZIP files.
Not only these, there are lots of other reasons on account of which Zip file get break. Well you might be wondering how to extract broken Zip file. Don’t worry, because now an outstanding utility called Remo Repair Zip exists there which can resolve any sort of issues with Zip file. It easily repairs broken Zip file and allows you to extract data with utmost ease.
Following are some exciting features of Remo Repair Zip tool:
- By using this Remo Repair Zip tool, it is possible to repair ZIP files of 32-bit and 64-bit. Also we can repair ZIPX files by using this tool.
- This software also restores ZIP files which are larger in size even the file size is 4 GB.
- By using this tool you can also repair Zipped files on various storage devices like pen drives, SD cards, etc.
- Before the extraction process, this software also previews the corrupted ZIP file. We can use some tools in the utility to preview the repaired ZIP files.
- Hence this is the best repair ZIP software that supports effectively in restoring our broken ZIP file. Trail version of this repair utility exists which helps in evaluating the results. Both the trail version and original version are same, but you cannot save the repaired ZIP file in demo version. So that we have to get original version to save the repaired ZIP file.
- It can be installed on all major versions of Windows operating systems including Win 7, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008.