“I’ve got a PSD file on my Mac which isn’t opening up and is showing me an error message saying the layers on the file cannot be read. I’ve never encountered an issue as such and I don’t know how to proceed with this. Can someone please tell me what needs to be done here so I can once again get to work on the said PSD file?”
You don’t need to worry about it. By using a recommended and a safe repair tool intended to fix Photoshop layer on Mac such as Remo Repair PSD you can get back the corrupt PSD files in just a matter of few minutes.
Adobe Photoshop is a professional application widely utilized for editing as well as creating images on Mac and on Windows operating system. Files edited or created on Photoshop are basically saved with a PSD or even a PDD file extension. These files are significantly vulnerable to all types of file corruption and damage on Mac OS. Photoshop lets you to create multiple layers of the same file so different views of the same file can be viewed at once. However when opening a PSD file with multiple layers one can encounter various error messages regarding layers if the file in question is corrupt. PSD files can get corrupt due to various factors on Mac OS and below are some common scenarios which result in PSD file corruption:
- A power surge while working on the layers of a PSD file increases the chances of the layers getting corrupt. This results in the file being inaccessible while attempting to open it which ends up showing an error message to its user.
- Abruptly closing the Photoshop file while working on its layers.
- Malwares in the hard disk can gain access to the PSD files and leave them in an inaccessible state.
- The Photoshop application if not installed in a systematic manner may result in generating errors while using some of the tools on PSD files.
- Trying to open PSD files on incompatible versions of Photoshop application may seriously damage the PSD files and make them inaccessible.
Remo Repair PSD
Regardless to what extent the PSD file is corrupt, this repair tool requires just a few minutes to fix the issue. It also features an easy to use interface that is simple and easy to follow. It is also capable of repairing PSD files with depth 8, 1, 16 and 32 bits per character. It’s also capable of repairing PSD files that are corrupt, damaged and inaccessible and it supports various storage devices such as USB drives, hard disk, external storage drives and so on. This software also supports all versions of Adobe Photoshop such as CS1, CS2, CS3, CS5, CS7, Photoshop 5.5, Photoshop 6.0 and 7.0. It also works on all versions of Mac OS such as Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion and is also available for Windows OS. Also PSD files that are compressed by any compression technique are repaired effortlessly by this software. The repaired PSD file can then be viewed before its saved to any location on the Mac. It can additionally repair PSD files which have different color modes such as RGB, greyscale, lab color and so on. To know more about this repair tool visit this link http://www.remorepair.com/