Photoshop is advanced and widely used photo editing application. This program has gained worldwide popularity because of its unique and effective features compared to other available image editing tools. The Photoshop application consider its primary scratch disk where operating system is installed. Scratch Disk is nothing but a partition or drive of hard disk with free memory i.e., when PC doesn’t have sufficient RAM to carry out an operation, then Photoshop uses the system drive as swap space or virtual memory for creating temporary files and then delete them when they no longer required.
But sometimes, you may come across an error like “Scratch Disk Full” when try to open or access PSD files. There are plenty of reasons behind this issue, and it indicates that the Photoshop file is corrupted and can’t be accessed. Usually, in this type of consequences, most of the users get anxious and start questioning “How to repair Photoshop Scratch Disk Full error?”, “Is it possible to fix Photoshop Scratch Disk Full errors”, “Best tool for repairing Photoshop Scratch Disk Full error”, etc. Just relax!! Now, there is nothing much to get worried about this error as it can be effortlessly fixed using an highly advanced tool named as Remo Repair PSD. This application is specially built to perform Photoshop Scratch Disk Full fix/repair operation in an efficient manner. But before getting into this repair process, know the reasons behind above mentioned error;
Scenarios that results in Photoshop “Scratch Disk Full” error
- While creating or editing PSD file, if your Photoshop application gets abruptly terminated due to sudden power surge or other reasons, then there are chances for the program to get crashed, and as result, you may encounter Scratch Disk Full error when try to open PSD file.
- If the Scratch disk memory is full, then you may possibly face an error like Scratch Disk Full in Photoshop. This error usually gets displayed, when you try to open Photoshop program or while editing photo files on this application.
- The above mentioned error also occurs when you work with large size pictures i.e., if the image size is not enough, then there are chances for your PSD file to get corrupt, and you may face Disk Full error when try to access the file.
The PSD file may get corrupt and becomes unviewable on both Windows and Mac devices due to more reasons, and some of them are as follows;
- If your system gets infected by harmful viruses like Adware, Spyware, Trojans, etc. then the files stored in it including PSD images gets affected and becomes unresponsive.
- While transferring or processing PSD files from your system to any portable device, if your system gets abruptly shut down, or if you eject external drive inappropriately, then the PSD files that were under transfer process might get damaged and becomes inaccessible.
- When you try to open or edit PSD file in an affected app, or incompatible program, then there are chances for PSD file to get damaged.
- The other reasons that can corrupt PSD file and then leads to Scratch Disk error in Photoshop are header corruption, bad sectors, damaged storage device, power failure, improper upgradation, software malfunction and more.
However, by following few manual steps like deleting Photoshop temp files, clearing disk space, assigning new scratch disk and defragmenting hard drive you can fix above mentioned error, and regain access to your PSD files. But even after doing everything you know, if you get same error, then make utilization of Remo Repair PSD software as it can efficiently repair Photoshop Scratch Disk error within a short span of time.
Why Remo Repair PSD?
Remo Repair PSD if an excellent and most recommended utility for fixing Scratch Disk Full error in Photoshop. It offers quick, safe and easy process to fix any kind of PSD error. The software has strong scanning and repairing engine to find and repair a corrupt file. It has ability to repair a PSD file created on different versions of Adobe Photoshop such as Photoshop 5.5, 6, 7, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS 6. Remo Repair PSD is also compatible to both Windows (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows, XP, Windows 8, Windows 2008 and Windows 2003) as well as on Mac (OS X 5.5, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, Lion, Leopard, Mountain Lion and Yosemite) OS based machines. Other than PSD, it can also repair PDD files. It has potential to repair large, compressed Photoshop file with its color mode. It has intuitive user interface using which both technical and novice users can fix the PSD errors within few simple clicks. Remo Repair PSD performs read only operation so, it doesn’t alter original PDD or PSD files. The preview option enables you to evaluate its performance as it facilitates you to view the fixed Photoshop file before restoration.