Among various tools of Microsoft Office Suite, Word is the most widely used application that not only corrects common typing mistakes but also try to guess the type of formatting user wants based on what he or she is typing. However, it is really annoying when Word automatically decides to change the formatting of something that you never want to do it. This happens because of AutoFormat option or else when the Word file is corrupted. How to lock formatting in Word in such cases? Don’t worry!!! Just continue reading to learn how to lock formatting in Word easily in few steps
Suppose formatting disruption in Word file is due to corruption, then you can make use of Remo Repair Word software. Along with repairing corrupt, damaged or broken Word files, it restores texts, OLE objects, hyperlinks, tables, and other attributes of Word file.
Most of the AutoFormat options are on by default. However, in order to prevent auto formatting and auto corrections, you can switch them off based on your convenience with few simple steps. Here are few easy-to-execute steps to undo a single instance of Auto Formatting
- Pressing Ctrl + Z keys
- At the top left of the window, you will see Quick Access toolbar, where you have to click on Undo icon
- Use AutoCorrect options, in case if it appears
Follow these procedure to restrict Word from changing formatting:
Even after following the above steps, if you are not able to restrict Word from changing formatting, then learn how to lock formatting in MS Word by following the below mentioned instructions
- Click on Office icon on your Word
- Then, click on Word Options and choose Proofing from the left hand menu
- Now, you need to press AutoCorrect Options button and click on AutoFormat tab
- Now, you will see a list of options that are available, where you need to select that you don’t want
- As soon as you turn off the options, click on OK button
Now, you have successfully fixed the issue, and restricted your Word from changing the formatting. So, you can now start working in MS Word application the way you want instead of the way it wants you to.