Zip files are widely used to compress large number of files collectively into a single file. By doing so, one can reduce the overall size of the file to nearly half of its original size. This is drastically seen as an advantage by users who tend to compress all their large files before sending them over the internet to reduce time and bandwidth usage. However, one cannot be sure that his Zip files are collectively safe while sending or even while they’re saved on his own trusted system. There are various issues that can lead to Zip file damage without the knowledge of the user. Here are a few of them:
- Interruptions while sending a Zip file over the internet can generate CRC errors within them. This makes it unable to be extracted by the receiver.
- Viruses in the users system can damage the Zip files saved on them and make them inaccessible.
- Power failure while extracting a Zip file or even while compressing a Zip file can lead to Zip file damage.
However, you can try your luck by re-downloading the Zip file once more to your system and check if it extracts. If it doesn’t, then it needs to be repaired by using a repair tool such as Remo Repair Zip.
Remo Repair Zip
This is the best Zip repair tool that requires no human intervention once the repair task is underway. It can effortlessly repair Zip as well as Zipx files on Windows. This software is also available for Mac OS and it runs on all versions of Mac as well as Windows OS. This repair tool can also repair large Zip files having size above 4GB too. It’s also the safest Zip repair utility that will not damage your Zip files and can repair Zip files suffering from CRC errors too. To know more visit this site http://www.remorepair.com/
Here are a few ways how you can protect the Zip files on your Windows:
- Save all crucial Zip files on a separate external hard disk which can serve as backup.
- Use anti-virus software to scan your PC to keep threats away.
- Never interrupt a Zip file which is being downloaded to your PC.