MOV file format, developed by Apple Inc, is one of the most popular video file formats. This format of video file has many advantages when compared to the other video file formats. Some advantages of MOV files are they are simple to customize and can be branched with any applications. It also offers high clarity compared to most file formats and has a easy to use simple design and is very reliable.
Even with all these advantages, the one big minus point with MOV files on Mac is that they are not completely secure and can be host to problems like corruption, damage, etc. You may not be able to play the corrupted MOV videos on your Mac .The factors which can make unable to play MOV file Mac are listed below.
Factors that affect the MOV file:
- Interruption in download: The main reasons such as system termination which is not done properly, server errors, network problems like network inconsistency etc while downloading are general factors where the MOV video file could be unplayable and become just a waste of space.
- Power Failure: MOV videos could turn unplayable, if a sudden electrostatic power surge happens while doing the editing process or while sending the MOV video clip to your Mac.
- Malfunction in the application: Third party apps don’t use the right and trustworthy algorithm to play your MOV files which results in damage of file and/or inaccessibility making the condition worse. This reason creeps up most in the research of finding the situation which damages most MOV files.
- Other Factors: Bad sectors, Errors in video file codec, hardware exception, installation which is not properly done, header file corruption in MOV files could be some of the other factors behind MOV video corruption. Whatever may be the reason causing the MOV file corruption, an application which is small on file size but large on the utilities it can do is Remo Repair MOV.
Remo Repair MOV:
Remo Repair is a great utility to repair video files which will help you fix your MOV video which isn’t playing in your Mac. This all in one app has the capability and credibility to repair severely corrupt files, damaged video files and inaccessible ones because of malwares, broken indexes and unplayable MOV videos in a matter of minutes. In addition to these features, the app is fed in a powerful inbuilt algorithm which will turn your MOV video that wasted your space all these days by not playing back to its working condition in just a few clicks with your mouse. The tool is also available for free demo download by which you can evaluate your repair results or the chances of recovery before purchasing the software.
Features of Remo Repair MOV:
It repairs truncated and corrupt MOV videos and fixes it without altering the contents of the source file.
You can fix MOV videos present on any storage drive on Mac.
You can preview the file so you can see the repaired video before you saving it on your computer.
A repair process without complications. 4 steps is all you need to fix the MOV file.
- Use a trustworthy media player to play your MOV files. QuickTime Player is a good choice to play MOV files.
- Try to download it in one go always. Interruption could cause damage.
- Keep a backup of your MOV files to ensure safety.
- Install a good antivirus to eliminate the malware factor out of the question.